Meet Dr. Suzette Stoks
As a clinical psychologist who works individually with adults of all ages, I am committed to providing a welcoming, affirming environment for my diverse clientele, including clients of varying ethnic backgrounds, gender identity, sexual orientation, and religious/spiritual beliefs. I have extensive experience with older adults, but work comfortably with adults of all ages. I work best with people who are committed to improved well-being and take an open-minded approach to life. I take a hoslitic approach aimed at creating balance and a strong, integrated sense of self.
Additionally, I have specialized experience in the area of motivation and behavior change, specifically in helping people move past obstacles to healthy lifestyle changes. I have recently focused on issues relevant to the LGBTQ+ community.
After completing my formal training, I began my career in an academic setting at the UT Health Science Center at San Antonio, overseeing the psychotherapy component of clinical research trials. Though I enjoyed the intellectual stimulation of a research setting, I discovered that my true passion lies in the clinical work of helping people in a therapeutic setting.
Education and Training
- Licensed to practice psychology
- Over 10 years experience with geriatric clients
- Over 5 years experience in substance abuse treatment research at UTHSCSA START Center
- Completed Clinical Psychology Residency program at Univ of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology-University of Southern Mississippi
- M.A. in Psychology-University of Southern Mississippi
- B.S. in Psychology-Louisiana State University
- Former President, Bexar County Psychological Association
- Former faculty member, UTHSCSA Department of Psychiatry
- Member of the Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT)